Thursday 17 November 2011

The Thing I Love Most

I've never been good at routine.  As some who know me might have guessed with the word 'change' tattooed to my wrist.  (We won't get into the irony of etching the word 'change' onto my body in such a way that it won't ever.)
I'm starting to figure out that this is why I love doing this so much.  The only thing that remains consistent is my camera. Not only do the faces change with each shoot, but the place, the light, the mood....each shoot is an entirely different experience and with each shoot I evolve a little as both in my art and on the business side of things as well.  I just want to say thanks to all of the amazing clients and friends who've chosen me to capture their moments over the past year for such a truly outstanding journey!
So this next one brings me to Carolyn.  She was in my prenatal class in East Vancouver nearly 2 years ago.  I don't know what the odds were of having someone in our class who was living in Squamish, where I was about to move and knew NO one, but on the 2nd day of that class I announced to everyone that Carolyn was my new best friend, she just didn't know it yet.  Carolyn went on to not only become a wonderful friend, but went on to introduce me to more than a dozen other "Squam-moms" who've become dear friends & really given me the sense of community I was looking for in moving here.
For Carolyn I wanted to do something different.  I got to just spend the morning with them, happily snapping while they went about getting ready.  We did a few of the required outdoor family shots, then headed back indoors for some baking & story time....life.  Just some of that stuff that makes up every day of our lives that we sometimes miss out on the beauty of.



2 comments:

  1. Cheryl, you are amazing! It's so great to capture THE REAL LIFE GREEN'S (the Squamish reality show in our heads). Posed photoshoots are great but I'm extremely thrilled to know we'll have photos of what our daily lives were like when we reflect on them in 10, 20, 40years from now. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
    Carolyn
    xo

    ReplyDelete