Wednesday 11 December 2013

Incredible, Inspiring & She's My Friend: A Squamish Maternity Session

    One of the biggest honors I have ever received was being asked by a fellow photographer to do a maternity session with her and her family.  Monique first introduced herself to me last year when I was working at a local fair.  She was the first photographer in the area to make me feel welcome in what is generally a cut-throat and pretty hostile industry. She gave me hope that we might be able to build a photographic community in the corridor where we could lean on each other and call each other friends, share info and grow stronger together.  Something that I would have assumed was an impossibility in this industry, never mind a small town.  I have had the privilege of working along side Monique at two events for the Municipality of Whistler and this past summer at a wedding.  But by far being able to provide her with images to treasure of her and her family have been the greatest privilege yet. 
        Congratulations on your beautiful new baby girl.  You are incredibly strong and inspiring & it has been so wonderful to work along side someone who can appreciate all that life can give.  I look forward to many opportunities to work with such a wonderful and talented photographer. 

    Grinning Weasel is Cheryl Voigt, a Squamish based photographer specializing in maternity, newborn and family portraits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment