Thursday 5 December 2013

Thanks, I'm sorry. Now you know: Squamish Photographer Grinning Weasel


         It's been a roller-coaster of a year & I'm finally (fingers crossed) feeling kind of optimistic enough to share...or at the very least give you all a heads up.  

First let me start with some apologies. 

I've had to turn away quite a few clients this fall and I know it's been pretty disappointing for some.  Saying no doesn't come easily for me, but it has been very necessary.  I really appreciate the understanding I've received from both the clients I had to turn away, and the ones who had to wait too long to get their images.

This being my 3rd pregnancy in a year I have been very nervous from the beginning.  Having hit the 12 week mark we breathed a big sigh of relief thinking we were in the clear, 4 days later I started bleeding.  I have what's called a Subchorionic Hematoma.  ...I've never heard of it either.  Essentially there is a blood vessel that burst in my uterus which has now been bleeding for about 6 weeks.  Nothing can be done, it's just a wait and see type thing....waiting and seeing has never really been my forte.  If you're daring enough to Google it you'll find the overwhelming answer to be 50-50.... it'll either be totally fine, or you'll get a massive infection and miscarry....Good times. This poor child is going to be born with a full head of grey hair.

But so far so good.  Half way there!  

On to some shout-outs!

Thanks to my  husband for picking up the slack and saying, 'I told you so!' every time we go for an ultrasound and things look good.

Thanks to my mom & dad for coming to help take care of their little girl. I'm not good at asking for help and even worse at accepting it.

Thanks to my mother in law for being the most OCD retired nurse ever and cleaning every square inch of my cupboards, painting part of my house and holding back when your insides were freaking-out as my son was spilling his dinner all over the freshly cleaned floor. I promise it'll be filthy when you come back for Christmas and you can do it all again!

Thanks to the doctors and nurses and receptionists who greeted me with a smile even when I was there 3 days in a row asking to hear the baby's heartbeat.

Thanks to the lady in Pemberton who sold me the fetal doppler....I've only been mildly obsessed & checking it every 2-3 days.

Thanks to all the photographers who graciously accepted my referrals and squeezed in the people who I couldn't. 

Thanks to my co-workers and supervisor at the 'day job' for treating me like a big spoiled pregnant princess. Being offered pie and ice cream when you arrive at work should never go unappreciated. 

Thanks to all the friends who came to play with my son when I was feeling like a horrible parent not being able to run after him and keep up.  Also thanks for saying I looked great even though I was totally pale & iron deficient with giant bags under my eyes. 

Thanks again to everyone who was understanding when I turned them away, or made them wait longer than usual for the pictures they were dying to see.

As for the heads up: Assuming all goes well from here on out I will be taking time off starting in  April till the end of May? Mid June perhaps?  After that it'll be a slow return to full pace.  Family sessions will be limited as they require a lot more running around and jumping up and down than do newborns or maternity sessions.  I had way more inquires than I could possibly accommodate this year as it was, so I will be offering an 'early bird' special on family sessions towards the end of summer & fall to motivate clients to book early.  I will likely again have to cut-off any sessions who are hoping for images in time for Christmas by mid-November.

That's about it.... back to the babies and bellies on the blog.  Not mine, other people's...for now. 




1 comment:

  1. Love you praying every morning and night for your family

    ReplyDelete