Saturday 16 November 2013

No Pressure: Squamish Maternity/Family Portraits

     This may come as a surprise to you.  Photography is not as glamorous and lucrative as most people are lead to believe.  Nowadays pretty much anyone and their iPhone is considered a photographer, and a whole session of digial files sells for the same or less than photographers would sell the negatives for in the 1980's. So despite being very busy and doing something I love I still have a 'real job'. A full time position that ensures I can put food on the table and pay the bills even when things get slow.

So no pressure at all when the lady that makes sure that cheque makes it to me every two weeks, and her husband who happens to be my boss' boss come all the way from New Westminster for some family/maternity photos.

Their daughter was actually one of the very first newborn sessions I ever did & she's as spunky as the first day I met her.    I am very much looking forward to meeting their new little one close to Christmas and maybe by then big sister will understand what I was talking about when I pointed out 'Mt' Crumpet and told her that's where the Grinch lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment