Saturday 23 March 2013

In the end we only regret the things we didn't do


 In case you're questioning it, yes.  YES you should get maternity photos done.


    I know, I've been there.  I felt fat, exhausted & emotional.....and that 40 weeks went by like the last 15 minutes of school that you stared at the clock...painfully slow.  The anticipation of getting to hold my baby & being able to re-claim my body as my own was all I could think of.  Capturing that to preserve forever seemed somewhat trivial at the time.

    For most of us we only get to experience pregnancy once or twice, if at all.  If you're 8.5 months pregnant and reading this you might think you'll never want to do it again!  But believe me, you'll hold your baby and sometime later, it may take a year or two, but you'll think back on it & decide it wasn't so bad after all.

   You'll realize that it was a pivitol year of your life.  A year that forever changed who you are.  It was shorter than it seemed and you're amazed at what your body was capable of.


          So here's the thing, I'm not saying come get your maternity photos done by me. I am not the photographer for everyone.... BUT GET THEM DONE!  Choose a photographer who's work you LOVE.  You may never get to experience this again & the photo your husband (bless his heart) took in the bad light at a bad angle is not what you'll want to remember yourself looking like!  And just think of the treasure those photos will be to your children later in life!

Case in point.  Yes, that's me. And it's a good thing I'm standing near the ocean because I look like a beached whale!

           Pregnancy is a beautiful experience & you deserve photos that are far from ordinary to reflect on that amazing time in your life when you were building a little person in your belly.



  ....maybe next week we can talk about why you MUST get professional newborn photos done! 




No comments:

Post a Comment