Tuesday 18 December 2012

Snow. It's a love hate thing.

Nothing makes snow more fun than kids!  I'll admit I went through years of hating the snow.  Not so much the initial snow, when it's all fluffy and pretty like a bright frozen blanket of silence.  It's right after, usually by the afternoon when it turns to a slushy mess then freezes and becomes a dirty crusty sloppy sludge covering the streets for a week after.  Maybe it's a resentment I harbor from having to wear mittens as a child.  Totally useless for sign language and my little digits would still be frozen afterwards, again nothing but frustration trying to communicate with my parents as a kid in cold weather.  Now with a son nearly three I'm finding some love in the snow again.  Watching his eyes get wide at the wondrous white world that has taken the place of what he sees everyday makes it so fun again! 
So who knew that family photos could be so fun in the snow?! You may remember this little guy from his 1st birthday session back in June.  http://grinningweasel.blogspot.ca/2012_06_01_archive.html
I was super exited to head up the mountain in search of snow with them for a family session just barely in time for Christmas!   We had a blast...although I'm pretty sure their dog Gus had the most fun of all! And now I officially have 2 reasons to love the snow again.  Can't wait for my next snowy session! 


No comments:

Post a Comment