Monday 14 October 2013

Giving Thanks


     
             Thanksgiving.  One of a handful of special dates each year that we have a reason to put aside all the other distractions in life & get together to have a meal with family and appreciate all that we have.  It's nice to think about all the families who have chosen me to capture a glimpse of their lives and their love for each other.  From pregnancy to birth and onwards, continuing to watch these families grow.  



                       Thanks for inviting me into your home.  For letting me smile along with you and for supporting me as I grow as an artist.   


And while it's no reflection on this particular family, they are both lovely AND gorgeous & just happened to be next up on my blog. What I'm really thankful for is frustration.  For things not going as planned.  For failure.  For those who have doubted and chosen to not be supportive.  For my own two miscarriages this year. For illness and death.  For not having a 'typical' child. For being raised by two deaf parents.  For being short.  For all the things that have made me quirky and strange and have given me a perspective on life which will never allow me to take for granted even the smallest of things. 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment