Monday 30 September 2013

Beth +1: Squamish Photographer Grinning Weasel


        I loved this session for a multitude of reasons.  First off Beth is the kind of gal who grabs life by the horns and makes it what she wants.  She has decided to brave the world of parenthood all on her own & for this I have great admiration.  I was truly honored and flattered that she chose me to capture this precious time in her life particularly as she's not a Squamish local, but was willing to make the trek just to see me.  I was also thrilled that she was not the standard size 2 gal, I can't count the number of times I've heard, "I'm not skinny enough to do a maternity session."  I think we can all agree from these photos that the beauty of pregnancy doesn't only come in small sizes.  Although I think even Beth would agree that she found a new respect for models after a couple hours of being forced into slightly awkward feeling poses ;) She also brought a friend (aka my new found assistant) who did an incredible job of keeping the mood light and fun with her traveling music box & always entertaining antics.  And finally, she requested to have photos taken with her beloved van, which for me was the highlight of the whole session.




Grinning Weasel is Cheryl Voigt, a Squamish based photographer specializing in maternity, newborn and family portraits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment